Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Note from John Konrads from down under

Hello All,
 
Wow, what a mailing list!!! I just want to give you my life milestones since my life-changing experience at USC from '61 till I left in January 64 returning to Oz and scraping into Tokyo '64.
Those of you who have responded without copy to all, I will add my personal response. 
 
Starting from the present;
- Early this year my wife Mikki and I, with two out of three adult children have moved to; 15 Orealla Cres. Sunrise Beach, Queensland 4567, Oz [read Australia]. Check us out on Google earth, the house with the light green roof, no swim pool but 300 yards to the beach. Two of our 'kids' have had mental disorders, well under control with medication, and I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2, a milder form of manic depressive, so that's why I was the life of the party with Denny and Henriks at Tri-Delts and Beta's... bullshit! no analysis-paralysis! I am a pioneer in speaking out publicly about depression etc. and eminent psychiatrists worldwide regard us as the best in the world in the 'de-stigmatisation' of mental disorders, often swept under the carpet. I give speeches on the subject in my new career as Guest Speaker [see website].
- Our 2nd born, Laura is a fashion industry name here, and goes to New York for shoots, etc.
Back to history;
- Check out my website below, but on 8/11/2010 my wife [Maijke Bunder from Amsterdam, aka. Mikki] and I are celebrating our 42nd anniversary, no thanks to me!!
- I've had a tough life; Jon Henricks led me astray when I was a 14 y.o. junior star [Bonnie is sick of the story]. When I came to USC, Bob Horn was my patron [not an alumni] and I had to drive his Beetle to and from Lincoln S&L. down the Santa Anna.. welcome to LA!!! Following Murray, I became a Beta Theta Pi, an eminent bunch of guys who occasionally destroyed the Frat house. As Peter Daland will confirm, California Girls led to my downfall, as well as Coors Beer [when Aussi mates visited me and read the label 'it's the water' they said 'sure is!!' because of lack of taste and alcohol %].
- Anyway, my triple gold at the 1963 NCAA's paid for my scholarship, said Peter. Saw Peter and Ingrid at Sydney 2000. Peter, you still had your 'Suewarthemoore'... attitude and you continue to speak too loud... how embarrassing for an Aussie draft kid in '61 at a fancy LA restaurant.. Bill Ross picked up the tab... How come your belly is smaller then mine???
More to come if you folks want to; [prejudice; with brownies out of a powerful car on the corner of Figueroa and Adams yelling 'Nigger', then returning to LA in '69 and seeing white girls hand in hand with black guys on the sacred USC campus!]  My profound esteem and admiration for USA culture and adaptability lives on forever!
 
Kind regards to you all!
 
John Konrads
Mobile 0407 560 568
www.johnkonrads.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment